YOUTH SUNDAY SCHOOL
Welcome to the St. John MBC Youth Sunday School! Designed for grades 7 – 12, this is known to be a “big kids’ class”. We will not shy away from any topics of discussion, but we will address all questions with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, “…rightly dividing the Word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15).
Below is a general overview of the topics we will be discussing. Class goes from 9:30 am to 10:30 am every Sunday. Bring your Bibles if you have them! Bring a friend as well (they don’t have to be Christian)!
NOTICE: All of our regular students are expected to memorize and understand Scripture! We post a new Scripture every month, and students should be able to recite all of them and explain “in plain English” what they mean. We are a Bible-based church and we must rely on the Word of God alone to reveal to us God’s truth! Follow this link for the Scriptures to memorize.
The lesson that will be discussed this coming Sunday will be underlined.
UNIT 2: OVERCOME
1) Overcome Betrayal [Gen. 37:19-27; 39:1-2]
2) Overcome Temptation [Gen. 39:3-12]
3) Overcome Being Forgotten [Gen. 39:21-23; 40:5-8,20-23]
4) Overcome Hard Times [Gen. 41:28-36,46-49]
5) Overcome Bitterness [Gen. 45:3-11]
6) Overcome an Earthly Mindset [Gen. 50:15-21]